Thursday, August 7, 2008

She Lands in the US


This photo was taken on July 10, 2008 after the 24 hours of travel from Guangzhou to Beijing and Beijing to Newark. While Claudia left her China with a tear, she landed in Newark with a Smile. While we were travelling the Ge Ge put on his big brother shirt made welcome home signs with his cousins and then they all drove to the airport to pick us up. We were so ecstatic to see Colton that I barely took any photos.

It was love at first sight between Claudia and Colton. After a great dinner of fried chicken and pasta plus Vietnamese spring roles and jook for Claudia the brother and sister changed into there USA pjs for the night. Claudia welcomed her bottle and crib. She took easily to her nursery. Colton on the other hand climbed right into my king size bed and wanted mom and dad to sleep on each side of him to wit we graciously complied..I cannot believe how long I was apart from Colton and how much I missed him. He made me promise that when I go the China to get his brother that he comes along????? Maybe he knows something I don't....

Anyway I put a slide show of July 10, 2008 below. While in China I had much spare time to update this blog while Claudia napped and slept. She was always in an orphanage and on a strict schedule which made it very easy for me in some ways. But she was so scheduled that to get her to relax and enjoy took time. I swear one day while in China she cried for hours seeming to say I want to go home..(and by home I mean the orphanage) The transition was hard for each of the babies. They lived their whole life only knowing one way and it was not our way and it was not us. But each day we remarked back and forth about all the differences we saw in the babes and all the bonding that formed. Since being home she still takes two two hour naps and sleeps from 8 pm to 8 or 9 or 10am, but she plays and laughs and eats and eats.

While she sleeps instead of typing this blog...I have been so busy with Colton. So to everyone in my travel group who was getting grief because I was posting more info on my blog don't worry I am getting mine now...people have been on me for the last three weeks to see photos of my son and daughter together. I am alittle behind but trying to catch up....

Anyway, I am off now..I miss all my travel buddies and their darling babies, I miss our little China cocoon where no one compared Claudia to babies here in the US, where no one pointed out her short comings and where we simply existed and enjoyed each minute as best we could...PEACE OUT!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: