Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BIRTHDAY GIRL




So on July 19, 2008 Claudia turned one. Since we had only been home about a week. We had a small party which included family and Colton's best friends Myles and Soren.

While I was at the store before the party I saw a little first birthday outfit that I could not resist. It was a shirt and crown that her little Ling sister Melynda wore on her birthday that we celebrated in China. Upon seeing it I just knew it was the outfit for her - luckily for Claudia it came with a tu tu and matched her first tiara which I had bought shortly after receiving her referral photo.

Claudia spent the day getting to know her grandparents, Uncle Dick, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. We had a puppet show which was about a Princess named Claudia. The children enjoyed water play and sugary treats courtesy of Deb Deb. The food had a cajun theme and included a shrimp boil with ingredients shipped in from Louisiana and did include alligator which, not surprisingly, Claudia ate greedily.

The day went by in a flash. I think I was still alittle out of it from the trip home and the adjustment. I can't believe she is one. I am sad and angry that I missed the first year of her life. Why China held things up and made us wait this long I will never understand, but I have to take solace in the fact that she was loved and cared for as best as possible given the circumstances and that everything happens for a reason.

Claudia received a birthday card from her Ling sister Kajsa who is in Madison, WI with her family. You may remember that we celebrated her parents and her birthday while in China. I wish they could have been with us and hope to see them soon.

She had many presents to open which her brother readily agreed to help with and she was happy playing with all the new toys.
After a long day of eating, drinking and playing Mei Mei and Ge Ge retired to their bath for a soak...but the only soaking done was of MaMa and BaBa...

I have posted a slide show of the big event below as well as one of some photos taken in the first few days home where she met her cousins Genna and Gianna, Uncle Lew and Aunt Michele and got to know her Nannie and PaPa better.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for all the warm e-mails I have received...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! Not quite like those little cakes in China, but certainly full of love and affection!

Check out Cat's blog!

Hi to all. When we say our prayers, we always remember you guys and the others in our group.

with infinite hope, Jim